[Mageia-discuss] No USB with VirtualBox on Mageia?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Jun 3 11:59:39 CEST 2011

Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> y problem was, that with no USB
> connectivity, I couldn't import any work to do.  Networking to my host system
> may have worked; I didn't try.

I guess I should have posted my step-by-step, but wasn't sure if all of
it was necessary.  This is what I did:

urpmi virtualbox

     (I took note of all the packages there were going to be installed
and manually installed everything but virtualbox, virtualbox-dkms and
virtualbox-doc

Downloaded the current VB packages, including the extension pack

Ran urpmi virtualbox*rpm, but it complained about python 2.6, so I did a
symlink to the 2.7 version
Ran urpmi virtualbox*rpm, but it complained about libcrypto, so I
created another symlink to the 1.1.0 version
ran urpmi --allow-force, to allow me to select Y to install package anyway.

At that point, it compiled the vboxdrv and I was able to install the
extension pack.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: