[Mageia-discuss] No USB with VirtualBox on Mageia?

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:30:05 CEST 2011

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:44:12 -0400, Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:00:58 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>
>> The difference between the Mageia rpm  and the Mandriva rpm from the
>> VirtualBox website is the version of python and libcrypto that it's
>> built to use.
>
>   So if one installs Mageia's VBox and the extension pack,  USB will
> then be available?

It should be, and is working for most people.

The host Virtual box/extension pack, and the guest additions must all
match version numbers.

On the one system (an upgrade from Mandriva 2010.2 to Mageia beta 2
then updated via urpmi to final), I had to add the .conf file under
/etc/ld.so.conf.d, to get it to work.  Seems most systems do not
need that.

Regards, Dave Hodgins