[Mageia-discuss] Gnome3 on Mageia 1

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Jun 7 10:00:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:48:55AM +0200, Thomas Lottmann wrote:
> On the other hand, I'd like to still have the possibility to keep
> and install Gnome 2.xx in the future, as Gnome 3 isn't both stable
> and reliable and complete yet.

GNOME 2.x is not needed, there is the fallback mode in GNOME3; it'll
give you a gnome-panel and so on. The default layout looks like
GNOME-shell, but it just is a newer gnome-panel.

Regarding GNOME 3 not being reliable, can you reference some bugreports?
This as I don't see any huge problems, especially not for a .0 release.
--
Regards,
Olav