[Mageia-discuss] Forum or mailing list

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:39:27 CEST 2011

2011/6/7 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:45, Morgan Leijström <fri at tribun.eu> wrote:
>> Forum search functions are often not very good, but google is
>> (use site:urltoforum whattosearchfor)
>
> Yep, but even that requires at least a few small patches on our forums
> to help better reference these:
>  - post title from "Mageia forum - View topic - {topic title}" to
> "{topic title} - Mageia forum (en)"
>  - noindex,follow on forum posts lists
>  - description/keywords improvements maybe
>  - sitemaps
>
> Maat had a module patch available for that for phpbb but there was a
> licensing issue. If anyone wants to help => go and see within the
> webteam!

Hmm, no need to patch anything. Google search works in mandrivauser.de
without any extra configuration or module.
For a test go to http://www.mandrivauser.de/forum:

 - You will see a search field in the right hand upper corner
"Googlesuche im Forum"
 - Fill in a search wort (ex: "DVB-T") and hit Enter.
 - Look at the URLs of the search results.

For the example with "DVB-T" the first search result link is:
http://www.mandrivauser.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24363

It works out of the box with phpbb3 (provided you did not add some
script that blocks Google scanning the forum!).

--
wobo