[Mageia-discuss] copyright of wiki content

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 8 23:05:22 CEST 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 22:20:02 +0200, nicolas vigier wrote about Re:
[Mageia-discuss] copyright of wiki content:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2011, Dick Gevers wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me in a few words what rights I have to the content (a
>> few chapters only) of wiki material I wrote myself for Mandriva Wiki
>> and/or it's predecessors kept up to date by me for several years - some
>> of them dating from around 2003 ?
>>
>> If every word in a chapter was written by me and I can prove it, may I
>> publish the content elsewhere or do they remain Mandriva property?
>
>You can do what you want if you are the author.
>
>But everything published on mandriva wiki is CC-BY-SA :
>http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Mandriva:Copyrights
>so it can be published in other places keeping the same license.

Okay!

So do I understand correctly that if I publish the same or the roughly same
content on my own URL or let's say Mageia's wiki I must include the clause:

quote
This was previously Mandriva's wiki content available under Creative
Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5.
You can find more information about Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
2.5 in this web page: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/
unquote

or something else? Sorry, but IANAL and I will never understand much about
the legal implications of 'copyright'.

Thanks again.

Ciao,
=Dick Gevers=