[Mageia-discuss] LXDM installation aside of GDM

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:37:02 CEST 2011

On jeudi 09 juin 2011 at 11:10, Daniel Kreuter wrote :
> i wanted to switch to LXDM (I'm using LXDE so this would fit better than
> GDM). I found a serious problem for normal users at this point.
> 1.) After installing the LXDM Package the installer didn't ask me, which
> Login-Manager i want to use per default. I have 2 installed now, so such
> a dialog would be nice (If i remember right, Ubuntu has such a dialog)

You can do it in drakconf, in "Boot" -> "Set up display manager", it should
show you a list of installed DMs from which you can choose the default.

> 2) How do i find the source-rpm for LXDM so i can file a bug report for
> this problem?

$ rpm -qi lxdm
should show you a field "Source RPM", but I think an RPM may not show a
dialog or ask the user for input, all it can do is output some messages, for
example saying that the user should go to drakconf to change the default DM.

But this is more an advanced user topic, as I think it is unlikely that a
"normal user" will want to install another DM.

--
Renaud Michel