[Mageia-discuss] ipv6 tunnel software

Jim Whitby jim at whitby-jr.org
Sat Jun 11 18:54:37 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 02:40 PM, Balcaen John wrote:
> Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 09:46:15, Jim Whitby a écrit :
>> For anyone who has attempted/used gogo6 ( freenet6 ) tunnel program.
>>
>> *If* you have a problem running as a router.
>>
>> The anomaly is that there isn't a user named radvd and a dir named
>> /var/run/radvd owned by radvd.
>>
>> This almost drove me nuts for a over a week.
>>
>> I'd really like to see this packaged for Mga.
>>
> You want to a package for freenet6 ? or radvd? (which is already available)
>
> Regards,

Sorry, didn't mean to be ambiguous.

Freenet6 is what I was intending ( or actually gogoc ) for packaging.

Just to clarify: the anomaly is in the gogoc prog, it presumes the radvd
usr & dir exist.

To expand on the anomaly, Radvd does not create a usr for itself or a
run dir under var. OK no biggie.
Gogoc presumes these *do* exist and makes no checks to verify them.

This is only applicable if you're attempting to run gogoc as a router.

--
e-credibility: the non-guaranteeable likelihood that the electronic data
you're seeing is genuine rather than somebody's made-up crap.