[Mageia-discuss] Icons

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 21 23:14:29 CEST 2011

> Many of my icons on my kde desktop are question marks. I am unable to change
> them. I rt click on the icon > rt click properties > rt click on the
> correct icon and save. I still get the ?. My /home is what I used in ML2010.2.

So you say you're setting an icon, but it doesn't show up?
Have you tried to delete the icon cache? When this happened to me, this was the fix that worked.

Clearing the KDE4 icon cache involves deleting the contents of the following directory:
~/.kde4/cache-`hostname`/kpc/
which is actually a symlink to:
/var/tmp/kdecache-`whoami`/kpc/
Then you’ll have to log off the KDE4 session and log back on.

R-C