[Mageia-discuss] Wy only firefox 5?

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Tue Jun 21 23:34:37 CEST 2011

22.06.2011 00:12, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU kirjutas:
> The problem is not on my side --- it's not me to have created so many extensions that only work with Firefox up to 4.*.
>
> OTOH, it was an idiotic decision from Mozilla to release 5.0 as an update to 4.0.1 --- especially as we _know_ that the creators of the gazillions of FF extensions were _not_ aware of this policy.
>
> Most extensions would probably work with 5.0, but they need to be repackaged with the proper declarations.
>
> Anyway, this is already off-topic.
>
> R-C
Well, i have one extension too. Mozilla built a system that checks if extension is
compatible and then will automatically update version limit for extension. That was also
done for my extension so i had to do nothing myself and for quite some time there is no
repacking needed. I would say most add-ons are working w/o problems. But yes there are
add-ons that don't work. But it was announced weeks ago that Firefox 5 will be released
today. If you develope add-on you should know it and act accordingly (Mozilla even sends
reminders for developers!).

--
Sander