[Mageia-discuss] Linux Format magazine Mageia 1 review

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:08:54 CEST 2011

2011/6/24 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 02:22, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> Le lundi 20 juin 2011 à 18:59 +0100, Margot a écrit :
>>> A very favourable review of Mageia 1 in Linux Format magazine issue
>>> 147 (August 2011) - they gave it 8/10 and their only criticism was
>>> that they didn't know how to pronounce 'Mageia'!
>>
>> People could read the FAQ :
>> http://www.mageia.org/en/faq/
>>
>> ( on the other hand, we cannot blame them much as it is hard to find )
>
> It's not much maintained either, and I would rather move it to a
> different platform, would it be kept.

A FAQ is always a Good Thing(tm) if it is maintained.
People love to point other people to FAQs. :)

About the place: some very good sites have a direct link to the FAQ
somewhere on their portal page because the FAQ provides the answers to
the most frequently asked questions (thus the name!). People who visit
the portal page are mostly people who do not know anything about
Mageia, the FAQ answers their most likely first questions on one page.
If you have a nav bar, put it in the right hand corner, a bit away
from other links (just one of the options).

--
wobo