[Mageia-discuss] mageiaupdate and the list of updates

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Jul 2 12:52:07 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 02:04:03 +0200
Renaud MICHEL
<r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On vendredi 01 juillet 2011 at 21:39, Antoine Pitrou wrote :
> > It would be nice if mageiaupdate displayed the list of available
> > updates before asking for a password. That way you don't have to
> > bother typing it in if you aren't interested in these specific updates.
>
> Why wouldn't you be interested in the updates?
> It only propose updates for packages that are installed on your system, if
> there are updates for those packages it is for security reason, or bugfix.
> Why would you want to keep insecure or buggy softwares?

Because I don't use them all. Some things are installed by default,
some as part of optional dependencies, some as part of some "task"
package.

For example, I probably have lots of KDE stuff installed, but I only
use Kate (and I use it under GNOME ;-)). I'm not even talking about vim
and such.

Regards

Antoine.