[Mageia-discuss] Add profiles support in draknetcenter

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon Jul 18 02:48:49 CEST 2011

2011/7/18 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>

> On Monday 18 July 2011 08:21:26 Frank Weng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an idea, or say, feature request for draknetcenter.  It may be too
> > late for Mageia 2 since its release schedule is set.  If it is feasible,
> > it's okay for me to add it in Mageia 3.
> Did you try already netprofile ?

Well, no.  I'll try, and what I'm thinking about is to integrate it into
draknetcenter.
Thanks for informing (thanks to Kira too)

 > draknetcenter (and net_applet) is actually good enough for my desktop PC.
> > However for my laptop, I have different network settings for two network
> > interfaces in the office.  NetworkManager can setup different profiles
> for
> > each interface, and therefore in my laptop I disabled net_applet and use
> > NetworkManager instead.  But it is really not stable, especially under
> KDE.
> Using plasma-applet-networkmanagement ?
> Did you (or Could you) eventually try with the nm-applet ?

Yes, using plasma-applet-networkmanagement.

I can't launch nm-applet (Gnome mode) under KDE.  It always launched plasma
applet instead.

I once tried it in Kubuntu 10.04 and I could use Gnome nm-applet.  However
in Kubuntu 11.04 and Mageia 1 it failed to start Gnome mode under KDE.

Thanks,
Franklin