[Mageia-discuss] Add profiles support in draknetcenter

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon Jul 18 03:02:11 CEST 2011

2011/7/18 Eugeni Dodonov <eugeni at dodonov.net>

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 21:48, Franklin Weng <franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw>wrote:

>>> too
>>> feasible,
>>> Did you try already netprofile ?
>>>

>> Well, no.  I'll try, and what I'm thinking about is to integrate it into
>> draknetcenter.
>> Thanks for informing (thanks to Kira too)
>>

> It is in draknetcenter already btw, since at least mandriva 2010.0.

Is it?  I didn't see any configurations to setup profiles in draknetcenter.
Can you please tell me where?

If this feature is already there, sorry for disturbing you.

>  I can't launch nm-applet (Gnome mode) under KDE.  It always launched
>> plasma applet instead.
>>

> urpme plasma-applet-networkmanagement && urpmi networkmanager-applet will
> make it work. They are mutually exclusive under kde desktop :(.

Uh... I couldn't be 100% sure since it was a bit long before, but as far as
I remember I tried to install networkmanager-applet and it didn't work
either.  It seemed to install plasma applets too (in Kubuntu?).

Franklin