[Mageia-discuss] Kde broken with last update in cauldron

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Thu Jul 28 13:20:47 CEST 2011

2011/7/28 Thomas Courbon <thcourbon at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
Hello,

> Yesterday I upgrade my laptop to get the Kde 4.7 release. I was running the
> last rc. In the process of updating urpmi asked me to choose between gdm and
> slim. I wasn't paying enough attention and ended up with slim. Also it
> looked like kde has vanished out of my machine...
Without the log it's going to be difficult to understand how kde's
vanished from
your  computer.

> I had to reinstall kdm and kdebase4 to get a working desktop.

another DM (such as gdm or slim) should not prevent you to start kde & if it's
thant it's a bug in that display manager i would say.

> I may have done something wrong (and in this case please educate me) but
> just if for once I didn't, I'd like to know if I'm alone and if it's a known
> issue.
There's no know issue like this.

>Also do I have to take some other actions to fix my mess ?

urpmi task-kde4 should bring back most of kde
Please note that removing this package could mark orphans a lot of kde
packages so using a urpme --auto-orphans later could remove most of
thoses packages.

--
Balcaen John
Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net