[Mageia-discuss] grub load failure

Jeff Robins jeffrobinssae at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:14:49 CEST 2011

I found that this happens when the partition device names have changed.
Grub
cannot find the /boot/grub/ folder.  All that you are seeing runs from the
MBR and first
couple of sectors.

I don't have the link to the webpage right now, but you basically boot from
a line CD,
and install grub.  Grub should automatically find the correct partition to
load from.

--Jeff