[Mageia-discuss] Minimal package number at first install

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:54:19 CEST 2011

On jeudi 01 septembre 2011 at 21:14, Xuo wrote :
> Le 31/08/2011 21:14, Florian Hubold a écrit :
> > The smallest possible install would be with urpmi --no-suggests
> > basesystem-minimal ;)
> Will this command remove all packages which are not in basesystem-minimal
> ? I think this basesystem-minimal is already installed + some other.
> Re-installing it will not be very useful except if this removes other
> packages.

No, that is on install to tell urpmi _not_ to select the suggested packages
of the package you are installing.
Without --no-suggests urpmi will install both the real dependencies and the
suggestions of the packages you choose.
With --no-suggests it will only install the real dependencies.
But it won't remove suggested packages that are already installed.

So, doing it with basesystem-minimal can only work when starting from
scratch and installing in an empty chroot for example using the --root (or
--urpmi-root) option of urpmi.

--
Renaud Michel