[Mageia-discuss] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:08:42 CEST 2011

On 09/07/2011 07:43 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 07.09.2011 13:29, schrieb Florian Hubold:

>> No cauldron users with HP printers? Please guys, c'mon!
>> Any feedback is really appreciated.
>>
> CC'ing -discuss for more potential feedback. Hope i got the header

Some information which may or may not be useful...

When discussing a printing bug concerning duplex printing with the HPLIP
folks, I was asked for the output of the command hp-check -t. That
output reported several missing dependencies, some from compile time,
others from runtime. I was unconcerned with the compile time ones, but
when I looked using urpmi, all the runtime dependencies were reported as
installed.

I do not have the expertise to speculate on this. I merely report it.

TJ