[Mageia-discuss] hplip update in progress - feedback needed

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Sep 8 21:25:25 CEST 2011

Florian Hubold wrote:
> No cauldron users with HP printers? Please guys, c'mon!

Just a note on this.

I did a fresh install of Mageia 1 last night, no updates.  Then I
followed Florian's instructions on how to move to Cauldron.  It failed
and broke the system.

It downloaded 59 perl related packages and then the urpm tools broke.  I
did another install and let the Mageia 1 updates install over night.
Then I followed the instructions again today.

I'm now running Cauldron.  My guess is that you need a fully updated
Mageia 1 installation before trying to do the upgrade to Cauldron.

I'll test out my HP Laserjet P1006 tonight and report my results.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: