[Mageia-discuss] Spell checkers on Libre Office

Sigrid Carrera sigrid.carrera at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:50:01 CEST 2011

Hi Alejandro, *,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:00:31 +0200
Alejandro López <listas.apl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Florian Hubold <doktor5000 at arcor.de> wrote:
> > Am 14.09.2011 10:07, schrieb Alejandro López:
> >>
> >> As I got not one answer for this question, I presume I asked in the
> >> wrong list. Can someone tell me which would be the right list?

No, usually you need to install the corresponding extension
(.oxt-file).
You can find extensions here:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ Yes, this is an
openoffice-link, but those extensions work for libreoffice as well.
(If you experience any problems with the download (like a timeout),
just hit reload as many times as possible. There are a few problems
with the availability of the server...

> > I'm not into libreoffice, but i think it uses myspell dictionaries.
> > The libreoffice-fr package only contains french translations of libreoffice,
> > AFAIK. You want myspell-fr_FR and one of the myspell-en_ variants
> > (en_GB, en_US, en_ZA ...)

Florian, I'm not sure that libreoffice uses myspell. I thought it
uses hunspell. But I can be wrong of course. But looking at my Mageia
Installation, I only have aspell and hunspell installed. And I have a
German dictionary for LibreOffice. :)

> > About the installation problem i'm not sure, but maybe the forum
> > is better suited than this list for troubleshooting?
>
> Thanks. I thought this mailling list was for this type of questions.
> Sorry for the noise.

Don't be sorry. You can ask such questions here. Or in the forum.
What ever you prefer.

Sigrid