[Mageia-discuss] Google-Earth

Simon Parsons nzg at jrc.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 14:00:47 CEST 2011

On 15/09/11 02:07, TJ wrote:
> On 09/14/2011 12:09 PM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> Am 14. September 2011 17:51 schrieb Renaud (Ron) Olgiati
>> <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>:
>>> has anyone managed to get GoogleEarth to work under Mageia 1 ?
>>>
>>> If so, how ?
>>
>> There's a lengthy thread in the Mageia forums with a solution:
>> https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76
>>
> Odd. I tried installing the 32-bit rpm on my 32-bit system, and after
> satisfying some dependencies it installed without a hitch. Works
> beautifully.
>
> TJ

It's more to do with Google Earth only being a 32bit application with
32bit dependencies that are not installed by default on 64bit systems.
Picasa's a bit like that, too. Neither fails over with any useful
diagnostics for the average user, i.e. the splash screen comes up and
then nothing.
That, and the dodgy 64 bit RT3090 drivers for my WiFi card made me trash
Mag1 x64 and go for the 32bit install instead.
Simon