[Mageia-discuss] flash-plugin installed but not detected in browsers
marc at marcpare.com
Fri Sep 16 08:53:47 CEST 2011
Le 2011-09-15 22:57, Maxi a écrit :
> 2011/9/15 Kira<elegant.pegasus at gmail.com>:
>> 在 Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:36:36 +0800, Maxi<maximiliano.duarte at gmail.com>寫道:
>>> 2011/9/15 Kira<elegant.pegasus at gmail.com>:
>>>> 在 Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:23:18 +0800, Maxi<maximiliano.duarte at gmail.com>寫道:
>>>>> install the plugin, but keeps asking to install it.
>>>>> 2 days ago if it worked
>>>> Which browser? How do you install the plugin?
>>> in firefox 6, and chomium 13
>> And where and how do you install the plugin? From the repository
>> or the website?
> sorry, from repository
Just in case you feel like trying this easy manual-way here are the steps:
- close Firefox
-get the latest FlashPluginv.11 from here:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html (NOTE: from this
point on, I will assume that you have downloaded the 64-bit version for
- Open a Dolphin window, surf to the location on the downloaded file and
right-click on the file "flashplayer11_rc1_install_lin_64_090611.tar.gz"
and choose to "Extract archive here" (wait until it has completed and
you will see a file called "libflashplayer.so" that you will need a
-Close the Dolphin window
- open Konsole and type "su -" (this allows you to open programmes in
- type in your root password
- type "dolphin" (NOTE: if you get any error messages, just say OK to go
on; Dolphin will eventually open)
- when Dolphin opens, you will be in Dolphin "super-user" mode
-in your Dolphin window, surf to where you downloaded the original
flashplayer file that you downloaded (and unpacked). You will find
libflashplayer.so. Keep this window open
- in your Dolphin window, do a Control-N (this opens a new super-user
- in the new Window, surf to the following location:
-"click and drag" the "libflashplayer.so" file from your first Dolphin
window and drag it to the second Dolphin window
- close all Dolphin windows (you don't want to leave any super-user
Dolphin windows open!!!).
-start Firefox and go here to see if your player is working:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ This site will also tell you
what version of the flash plugin you are using.
To Remove the plugin, just open a super-user Dolphin window and surf to
Root->usr->lib64->mozilla->plugins and remove "libflashplayer.so"
More information about the Mageia-discuss