[Mageia-discuss] Mageia minimal install

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Sep 21 18:48:11 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 21 Sep 2011 12:04 my mailbox was graced by a message from Gary
Montalbine who wrote:
> I have installed mageia on a USB flash drive. I tried to access my hard
> drive with my ML2010.2 /home directory. However I was unable to so so. I
> got unknown url. How can I access my files in my home directory on the
> hard drive?

Run (as root) diskdrake in expert mode;
find your /home or ~ partition on the HD, choose Mount point, give it a name
like /home/MyOtherHome and mount it; you may have to run (again as root) a
chown -r mylogn:mylogin /home/MyOtherHome to be able to access it
(and remember to chown it back when finished, to access it in ML)

Cheers,

Ron.
--
            A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket
                     and rejoices that the system works.