[Mageia-discuss] Is there any VPN server package for Mageia?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 5 12:59:19 CEST 2011

On 10/05/2011 02:25 AM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> Op woensdag 05 oktober 2011 04:24:57 schreef Kira:
>
>> As a subject, do you have proper support of ipSec in Drakconnect?

No idea, sorry. I configured it manually when I started using it.

>> I had seen request about PPTP in the old time but not implemented,
>>
>> do we have any project to implement these two into drakconnect or
>>
>> let people willing to use these 2 use NetworkManager?
> afaik ipsec and openvpn are implemented in the net_applet

In the case of ipsec-tools, I don't think any applet support is needed,
because no virtual network interface is created to be managed. Don't
know about openvpn.

For ipsec-tools, you simply start the ipsec and racoon system services.
As long as the supporting network interface (eth0, wlan0) is enabled,
the VPN traffic should flow. Ideally, these tools react automatically to
the underlying interface coming up and down and re-establish the VPN as
needed.