[Mageia-discuss] Mageia review with bad experience

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Fri Oct 7 08:14:49 CEST 2011

Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> On Friday 07 October 2011 01:17, José Alberto Valle Cid wrote:
>
>> Mageia review with bad experience
>>
> I'm a little confused about the review. He is not clear on whether he is upgrading or installing from scratch.
> He says that he starts to install it, but later writes that the installer states that some packages are no longer needed, as if he was upgrading from Mandriva.

It is obvious that the reviewer was a little confused -- and I have
doubts that this confusion has anything to do with Mageia.  What can I
say, we don't choose the reviewers :-\
 From his comments he seems to have been using a live kde iso of
Mageia.  I didn't get the impression that he was doing an upgrade, but
who knows ?

His remarks that a desktop design that was in his opinion "ok" 2 years
ago is "archaic" today sounds like he was deliberately trying to find
fault, instead of being objective.
I have the impression that he doesn't have a very good grasp of hardware
and Linux.
Or maybe logic.  He says he is generally pleased with Mandriva, then
complains about aspects of Mageia which are just like Mandriva.
He makes a point about no codecs being available out of the box, which
probably should be corrected for mga2.

--
André