[Mageia-discuss] Mageia review with bad experience

Maarten Vanraes maarten at rmail.be
Fri Oct 7 09:10:25 CEST 2011

Op vrijdag 07 oktober 2011 08:33:10 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/10/7 andre999 <andre999mga at laposte.net>:
> > It is obvious that the reviewer was a little confused -- and I have
> > doubts that this confusion has anything to do with Mageia.  What can I
> > say, we don't choose the reviewers :-\
>
> That's the point. There are zillions of people out there who want to
> share their wisdom, so it is unavoidable to see such reviews.
>
> My favorite part is where he complains about the message "You must add
> media": how would anybody know what to do with a button "Add media"
> next to the message. :)

yes, that was funny, first he complains of no codec (likely patented) and then
about no media sources, which would solve the first one. /o\

my favourite part is about the error which he doesn't understand, where it's
actually saying it's out of disk space. since it's a live version, he likely
did a live install with not much memory.

also, the partitioner warns him that changing type will remove his data?
what's wrong about that? both formatting and changing type (if not formatted)
it's still data gone.

also it starts off with that he expects mageia to diverge from the mandriva
way. it's an odd premisse to start a review from.

furthermore, he gives alot of subjective feelings.