[Mageia-discuss] Mageia review with bad experience

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:34:01 CEST 2011

On 10/07/2011 07:12 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 07.10.2011 08:33, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
>> 2011/10/7 andre999<andre999mga at laposte.net>:
>>> It is obvious that the reviewer was a little confused -- and I have
>>> doubts
>>> that this confusion has anything to do with Mageia. What can I say, we
>>> don't choose the reviewers :-\
>> That's the point. There are zillions of people out there who want to
>> share their wisdom, so it is unavoidable to see such reviews.
>>
>> My favorite part is where he complains about the message "You must add
>> media": how would anybody know what to do with a button "Add media"
>> next to the message. :)
>>
> My favorite part is where he posts a screenshot of the desktop, which is
> perfectly crisp
> and then finds "the rendering of elements is fuzzy" and also complains
> about upstream
> KDE icons, where he also posts a screenshot and invalidates his own
> complaints.
>
> The wireless icon is centered as the others, and if you would turn the
> percentage indicator over the battery icon, i think he would complain that
> he needs to turn his head so he can read it :)

Maybe his screen needs cleaning. ;^)

No fuzziness here, on my 23-inch Samsung HD flatscreen. Installed using
plug-and-play, easy as could be...

People keep calling Mageia a fork of Mandriva. The way things are going,
I consider Mandriva to be the fork. It's the distro that moved off in a
different direction.

TJ