[Mageia-discuss] (no subject)

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed Oct 12 10:20:08 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 12 October 2011 04:46, andre999 wrote:
> Just to receive messages, like most mailing lists.
> I would be difficult to filter by list membership, as members often post
> from more than one adresse.

No. That's where you're wrong.
Most mailings lists software, including mailman, require you to actually be a member of the list in order to send messages to it. If you are not a member, the adress you are using to send messages but be on a predefined list of aproved senders.
If none of these two items is not in place, and anyone external party can send messages, then the list admins have manually DISABLED Mailmans security features.

As one who have been running a mailman mailinglist, and a mailman server, for close to 10 years, I know what I'm talking about. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324