[Mageia-discuss] HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m

Gary Montalbine gmontalbine at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 19:35:05 CEST 2011

On 10/14/2011 11:56 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 13.10.2011 22:10, schrieb Gary Montalbine:

>>> For your color problems, could you please try to remove all hplip and
>>> cups packages,
>>> clear your /etc/cups/printers.conf and reinstall cups, and try a manual
>>> install of hplip according to
>>> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/other.html
>>> This would rule if the problem could be in our packages.
>>>
>> I have spent several hours trying to manually install hplip using the
>> referenced website. It does not work for me. I can not get past
>> ./configure. If hplip works in ML2010.2 why doesn't it work in Mageia?
>> Sorry I could not help.
>> Gary
>>
> Maybe easiest thing is to do the following:
> urpmi --buildrequires
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/mirrors/Mageia/distrib/1/SRPMS/core/updates/hplip-3.11.7-1.2.mga1.src.rpm
>
> (You can also use another mirror if you prefer) This should install all
> required packages to get hplip to install.
>
> The problem is, if i don't know WHY hplip does not work for you on Mageia,
> this simply means i can't fix it. Simple as that. This is why i'm trying
> to help you
> find out the cause of the problem.

Did the above urpmi. Tried the hplip-web manual install using mandriva
instructions since Mageia is not listed. Did ./configure plus a bunch of
stuff. Ended up in an apparent vi file. This has happened each time I
ran ./configure. Had no idea what to do with it. Closed it and tried a
"Make". Got Make: Nothing to be done for "all".

Appreciate your help. Gary