[Mageia-discuss] How to solve this problem?

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Thu Oct 20 05:17:29 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 22:29 +0200, Renaud MICHEL wrote:
[...]
> The net-install ISO has a shell (Alt-F2) with busybox which provides a
> simple implementation of netcat which you can use to send the appropriate
> request to the captive portal.

I think that's not really a solution - after all, the user with limited
net access probably won't be able to look up how to use netcat to do
this, unless the documentation included instructions.

A long term solution might be to try and get an operational Web browser
sooner.  Maybe then using HTML5 for the user interface for the
installer?

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org freenode etc