[Mageia-discuss] BRe: KDE startup time

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Nov 11 13:03:10 CET 2011

Am 10.11.2011 17:59, schrieb Lucien XU:
> :D
> Because "heavy KDE" is "default KDE". I just want to start "Default KDE" a
> little bit faster.
>

> Le mercredi 9 novembre 2011 13:06:25 Florian Hubold a écrit :
>> Am 10.11.2011 11:23, schrieb Lucien XU:
>>> No problem
>>>
>>> I use a "heavy KDE" with Nepomuk / Akonadi started + desktop effects
>>> I add then "restore last apps"
>>> I also use networkmanager / kwallet / amarok etc
>> You use a "heavy KDE" but wonder why it's taking so long to start? ...
>>
>>> The startup takes ~45s to see the desktop (and more time to restore
>>> apps, but it does not matter). What I find strange is that the KSplash
>>> takes much time in each component. During bootup, does KDE init so much
>>> things, or are they so much time-taking ?

Then you should disable nepomuk, strigi, akonadi and maybe other services
via systemsettings, if you don't use these. If you don't want akonadi at all,
don't use the clock plasmoid in the control panel, and remove all akonadi
agents from the scripts that autolaunch them, and don't use any kdepim
application.

Another tip could be: don't reboot so frequently and just keep kde running :)