[Mageia-discuss] mandriva rpms versus cpan versus ?

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Nov 23 00:50:51 CET 2011

Am 22.11.2011 12:35, schrieb bascule:
> due to lack of research on my part i now find that there appear to be no
> mageia1 rpms for apache-gallery and libapache-mod-mp3, i'm sure i could use
> cpan but then i'm mixing source compiles with rpms, i've read of but never
> tried making rpms from cpan using various utils, are these reliable? what
> about mandriva rpms, which distro should i look to borrow from, any advice
> welcome!
>
> bascule
You can either report it at our bugzilla as a package request:
https://bugs.mageia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mageia&format=guided
Please select Component "New RPM package request".
Or, you can use the package _perl-CPANPLUS-Dist-Mageia_ to build
Mageia RPM packages directly from CPAN modules, like so:

    cpan2dist --format=CPANPLUS::Dist::Mageia Some::Random::Package