[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 alpha 1 is out

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Nov 25 23:23:01 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:35:57 +0100
Anne nicolas <ennael at mageia.org> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Mageia 2 alpha 1 is finally available on public mirrors. Thanks
> everybody for the hard work.
> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/11/25/mageia-2-alpha1-ready-for-testing/
>
> Isos are being synced on all mirrors (see http://mirrors.mageia.org/mirrors)
>
> As usual we need your feedbacks. Testers welcome!

Ouch!!
I've just tested the x86-64 GNOME Europe-America live CD, and it felt
like going back to 2000.  First it didn't try to recognize or configure
my keyboard, so I ended up with an American layout on my AZERTY
keyboard.  Second it logged me into IceWM (!) and when I logged out
didn't propose me anything else than either IceWM or drak3d.  I know
that GNOME 3 is "slimmer" and "more streamlined" but I didn't expect it
to completely hide itself from the list of available desktops.

(ah, and in the boot menu, it says "Mageia 1" instead of "Mageia 2")

Gonna give a test to the i386 live CD, just in case it's usable...

Regards

Antoine.