[Mageia-discuss] erros after mageia1 install

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 02:13:44 CET 2011

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 08:16:24 Simon Parsons wrote:
> Hi bascule
>
> I don't think it's permissions, but owners and groups that are your
> problem.
>
> The second set of errors are about groups and owners.  They can differ
> from distribution to distribution - you had "yum" listed on your last
> e-mail, which implies a Fedora/RedHat-based installation was on there
> previously.
hi, thanks for the reply, the previous installation was mandriva 2009 so i
can't explain the reference to yum :)
the other reply from David Walser makes some sense, after i changed groups and
owners as indicated by one of the error mails my postfix stopped working, i
changed it back and all seems well so far

bascule
--
"the auspices are fair to light with a small chance of judgement day later
in the eon..." - mooncalf