[Mageia-discuss] [Mageia-i18n] Call for translators

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Thu Dec 29 02:12:10 CET 2011

Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> W dniu 18.12.2011 12:09, Filip Komar pisze:
>> Hi, all. I also wish we could find translators for all languages but
>> I'm afraid this is not very realistic. Instead I suggest a bit softer
>> solution. We replace word Mandriva with Mageia were we can in
>> bootloader *.po files and mark those strings fuzzy. I can offer my
>> help for that to the extend of my abilities.
> I agree.
> I've found in Mageia 1, in rpmdrake a message "This update is
> supported officially by Mandriva" !! I had no idea what's going on and
> why Mageia is cloning updates directly from Mandriva... It is
> necessary to replace _everywhere_ Mandriva with Mageia, even if this
> means non-grammatical replacement.

In some cases leaving Mandriva is appropriate, as originator of the
package in question, for example.
Of course not for support messages.  So we have to change these
occurances case-by-case.
With the *.po files, we have the English, so even if we don't know the
other language, we have the context to know if a particular case should
be changed.
With the context, just replacing Mandriva with Mageia should be possible
generally, without needing to mark the translation as fuzzy.

One approach if several people work on this, is to list packages with
"Mandriva" on a wiki page, and mark each package as "working on",
"updated" or "keep", while collectively going through the list.  (Much
as was done with the wiki conversion.)

--
André