[Mageia-discuss] syncing kdepim, iPhone 4, Google, etc

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 19:24:18 CET 2011

Balcaen John wrote:
> Le mercredi 28 décembre 2011 17:28:04 David Walser a écrit :
>> Is it possible to synchronize kdepim with Google and an iPhone 4 on Mageia
>> 1?
> If the idea is to have synced kaddressbook & calendars you can give a try to
> akonadi-googledata eventually.
> In that case this mean also that the iphone4 will synced itself against google
> (& not directly against the computer).
> There's know akonadi-google which is far better but it's only available in
> cauldron :/

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

>> Mandriva had things packaged that Mageia doesn't like libiphone,
>> libopensync, libopensync-plugin-google-calendar, libopensync-plugin-kdepim,
>> multisync-gui, and msynctool.  Are those packages just not packaged, or is
>> there another way to do it?  libimobiledevice is packaged for Mageia 1.
> If they are not packaged you should open a bug report to have them included in
> mageia.

I know, but part of the reason I asked about these is I'm wondering if some of them aren't needed anymore and/or have been superceded by
something else.  Once I know what's required I'll make requests (or maybe import them myself if I can get mentored as a packager).