[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Tue Aug 21 23:41:03 CEST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:12:04 +0100
Maurice Batey wrote:

> >  All will boot stand-alone Linux installations
>
>   Do you mean not dual-boot, i.e. taking over the whole drive?
> problem trying for dual boot?

That's what I mean.

If I was going to dual boot I would put linux on a separate drive with
lilo/grub installed to that drive and then use the UEFI boot selector
to choose which drive/OS I wished to boot.

To pre-answer a question with newer boards at system start you get
the message (or similar):
"Press DEL to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu"
The Boot Menu allows you to select from which drive/device you
wish to boot this time.

    Charles

--
BOFH excuse #316:

Elves on strike. (Why do they call EMAG Elf Magic)
Mageia release 3 (Cauldron) for x86_64$
On SuperSize....http://www.eslrahc.com
Registered Linux user #182463
3.5.2-tmb-server-1.mga3 x86_64