[Mageia-discuss] Mageia on a server?

Jim Whitby jim at whitby-jr.org
Wed Aug 22 17:46:26 CEST 2012

On 08/22/2012 11:06 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> My recent experiences with enterprise distros has been less than happy
> and I'm seriously wondering whether I could use Mageia on the server
> as well as on workstations.
>
> My main need is for mail serving, for which I use
> fetchmail/procmail/dovecot - are there any known problems around these
> apps?

<snip>

While my needs are small, home use, I am using
postfix/procmail/dovecot/amavis/clamd,spamassassin.
Processing ~= 1000 emails a day ( 80% spam ).

Not using any db manager at present.

No reason it shouldn't scale to over 10K email a day.

--
After Goliath's defeat, giants ceased to command respect.
- Freeman Dyson