[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Wed Aug 22 20:51:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:35:09 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

> he Aspire One series require you to remove the keyboard to get at
> anything.

  That would put me right off!

> To be honest, I'm not competent to start replacing chips on
> a RAM board, either.

  It's a bit scary the first time, but if you follow one of the
really helpful video clips out there on the 'net, it's not a big deal.
  The main importance (apart from using the correct chip!) is to keep
your fingers from direct contact with the chip, to avoid any static
charge jumping across.

--
/\/\aurice