[Mageia-discuss] New kernel cant boot and it killed MCC update

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Aug 24 12:45:06 CEST 2012

Yikes! I just did the update, but my screen froze, so, I rebooted and
could not boot. Something about "Startign wait for Plymouth boot screen
to quit".

So I rebooted into the previous kernel 3.3.6 and tried to do updates,
but now my MCC updates is munched! It says "couldn't open RPM DB() AT
USR/LIB/PERL5/VENDOR". --

I tried "rpm --rebuilddb" in Konsole but it says:

erreur: rpmdb: Thread/process 25894/139895115867904 failed: Thread died
in Berkeley DB library
erreur: erreur db4(-30974) de dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
erreur: ne peut ouvrir l'index Packages en utilisant db4 -  (-30974)

Any ideas on how to fixed this?

Also, when I boot into safe mode and I do Drakconf, it says to update
task-x11 and the system offers to download it; but when I try to do this
it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Marc

--