[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Rolf Pedersen rolfpedersen at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 24 16:54:47 CEST 2012

On 08/24/2012 02:07 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:

This sounds similar to my method.  Having assured myself that the 3-wire
lead (in U.S., aka power "cord") is actually connected to a grounded
(earthed) circuit, I switch off the power supply, which disconnects the
live wire.  I might push the ATX power button, which will spin the fan a
few turns when the machine has been powered up recently, indicating to
me a discharge of some residual potential from capacitor(s), I guess.
Then, I periodically ground my IT corpus to the computers metal frame,
especially before handling the component of my attentions. :)
Rolf