[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Aug 25 12:42:42 CEST 2012

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:21:01 +0100, I wrote:

> Just done that to replace the 1GB with 2GB on the netbook, which is now
> busy replacing Windows 7 with 64-bit Mageia-2....

  All went smoothly (though with extremely slow/intermittent access to
Mageia repositories), and already in touch with other workstations on
the LAN.

There was a heart-stopping moment when it had to find drivers etc for
the wireless Broadcomm adapter. After giving it an ethernet connection
it installed them, but then  reported something like "Cannot find
internet interface"!

But a re-boot showed that all was well, and it picked up our router's
SSID perfectly.

What a relief to be shot of Windows and back to normality...

Many thanks to all for your help.
--
/\/\aurice