[Mageia-discuss] New kernel cant boot and it killed MCC update

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 21:23:18 CEST 2012

On Aug 25, 2012 8:22 AM, "TJ" <andrewsfarm at gmail.com> wrote:

> A very Microsoft-like procedure to be sure, but it worked.

Completely my fault, but I was updating with urpmi and without really
paying attention I agreed to whatever measures were necessary to overcome
an unmeetable perl dependency. I then watched in horror as dozens of
packages were removed, including the kernel and all the GNOME 3.6 beta
components. I'll have to wait until I'm on Monday to re-install from DVD.

Mike