[Mageia-discuss] Jre and Firefox

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 28 13:44:34 CEST 2012

On 08/28/2012 06:08 AM, Phil wrote:
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Firefox says that an older JRE version has been disabled and that the
> latest version should be installed. I've installed the latest JRE
> (version 7 rpm) from Oracle's site but I cannot relate their
> instructions to the Firefox directory structure (no plugin directory)
> under Mageia.
>
> No doubt there is a simple way around this. Can anyone offer a
> suggestion?

You need to wait for Mageia's own Java RPM to be updated.  One of the
primary differences between different distro RPMs is file placement.
You can't expect an Oracle RPM to have knowledge of Mageia's choices for
file placement.

BTW, a 0-day security flaw has just been announced for Java 1.7, and
people are recommending that Java in browsers be disabled until Oracle
can issue a patch (perhaps not until October 16).