[Mageia-discuss] FSF anf UEFI SecureBoot

Ludovic V Meyer ludo.v.meyer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 21:17:38 CET 2012

Except it does let 3rd parties OS boot, at least on X86, since the norm
mandate it.
And for arm tablet, no one reacted when Apple, Acer, Samsung, Archos and
lots of others locked down their devices, so trying to argue that we now
expect them to be open would not work.

And regarding using consumer protection channels, no one did anything to
make anything move since one year despite being widely publicized on
various blogs, so how is your proposal different ?

Talk is cheap, if every people who proposed that ( for example, on slashdot
or various foras where nerds are discussing ), someone would have started
the work by the time. No one did, and that's because everybody that would
be serious enough know this is built on wrong assumptions.