[Mageia-discuss] Request for testing: hplip

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 22:58:43 CEST 2012

On 10/07/2012 19:26, Claire Robinson wrote:
> On 10/07/12 17:56, Claire Robinson wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> We currently have hplip packages in Core Updates Testing which need to
>> be tested. If you have an HP printer and Mageia 2 then you can help :)
>>

> We especially need anybody who is able to test this i586 now on Mageia
> 2, then it can be validated and will be pushed as an official update if
> there are no problems.

My Mageia 2 box is i586. I have an older HP printer, a Deskjet D1560,
which I don't think was affected by the bug. If testing with that
printer would be useful, I can do so tomorrow. I have to move some
equipment around in order to attach that printer to the Mageia 2 box,
and it's a bit late in the evening to do that today.

Jim