[Mageia-discuss] Cultural difference: indirect request <---> direct request

Goh Lip lipg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 13 21:41:16 CEST 2012

On 07/14/2012 03:24 AM, Marja van Waes wrote:
> I know of a very bright Chinese woman ...........
> I don't know ........... if I moved to China today

While I appreciate your sincere attempt to point out cultural
differences, and there are, it must be noted that even within the same
cultural group there exists differences (as you can note from the

It therefore seems necessary to remind ourselves not to generalize
traits as characteristics of a certain culture.

Just my 2 drachmas. Please proceed with discussion. ;)

Cheers - Goh Lip