[Mageia-discuss] xen and grub

Jim Whitby jim at whitby-jr.org
Sat Jul 14 10:23:13 CEST 2012

On 07/14/2012 02:29 AM, andre999 wrote:
<snip>

> As Al13n says, we'd really appreciate you joining QA to test Xen for QA.
> Or the packaging team to package Xen.
If I can get enough info to make it run.
I'd be happy to join QA for xen.

If I can install/run it. *Anyone* can.

I'm not a programmer and have no interest in becoming one.

> Regards :)

I did find an answer to my original problem.
I found a how-to for centos6.2 which was a big help figuring out the
grub entry.

The grub entry should look like this:

title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=1024M
module (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz
root=UUID=454ead11-1953-4c3e-918b-b5d0f1bceb17 splash quiet nokmsboot
module (hd0,4)/boot/initrd.img

Which is a modified mg2 entry.
The above will allow xen to boot.

I also figured out I need to make the xen* init scripts active!

Having done that. I had a system that would boot in about 35 minutes.

Needless to say, without *much* more info on what needs doing, I removed
all of it.
Possibly the  network configuration is partly at fault ( well, I'm sure
it is, I just don't know for sure what to do about it ).

I looked at the centos stuff, but not sure how much is applicable on mg2.

Jim

--
Programmers used to batch environments may find it hard to live without
giant listings; we would find it hard to use them.