[Mageia-discuss] One-Wire Home Temperature Network with Linux

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Jul 15 15:13:51 CEST 2012

I've just started to play with a 1 wire temperature sensor, under Mageia
1.  I've been following a couple of blog on how to get things setup (1 &
2).

I've installed the digitemp software (2) via urpmi and can actually see
the USB dongle (DS9490R) and my temp sensor (DS18B20).

The problem being that when running the command digitemp_DS2490 -a -i
-q, it is supposed to write out it's configure file (.digitemprc) to the
profile directory, which for me running the command as root, should be
/root/.digitemprc, but it doesn't.

Has anybody played around with temperature sensors under Mageia? If so,
were you able to get it to write out the file?

Doug

(1)
http://bitsup.blogspot.com/2008/11/one-wire-home-temperature-network-with.html

(2) http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddUSBOneWireAdapter