[Mageia-discuss] What is your motivation? (about American English in Mageia for British users)

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Thu Jul 26 00:59:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Morgan Leijström <fri at tribun.eu> wrote:
> I too prefer en_GB as that is what i have learned in school (like most of us
> non en_* native speakers)  I realise today i am already inconsistent in my own
> english use due to most english programs i use are en_US.
>
> But we must realise we may be a minority (?) Despite en_BG being preferred by
> most non native en speakers

Well, that's the case for non native english speakers, in europe, here
in south/central america we learn en_US english. The same happens with
someone learning spanish, when someone from an european country learns
spanish from Spain, he will learn a slightly different vocabulary and
a different accent than most of south/central american countries use.
The accent is the most significant and very easily will tell you if
someone learned spanish on Spain or in any other part of the world ;)

--
Juancho