[Mageia-discuss] Appeal for people - QA Needs You

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:45:49 CEST 2012

Hi all

Some of you may be aware of the current shortage of contributors in QA.
Since the release of Mageia 2 our workload has doubled and we are
struggling to stay on top of it.

I'd like to appeal to you all, if you can find some time, to consider
joining the QA team and helping to make Mageia!

You don't have to be a guru to do useful QA so it is a good way for
people of all experience levels to contribute to the community. We are
all ages and from all over the world, united by a common cause.

We have a documented procedure to follow and are more than willing to
offer some informal mentoring until you feel comfortable with what you
are doing. We have people of all abilities and it is a welcoming and
friendly, albeit small, team - so please don't be shy or think your
contribution would be meaningless. We need all the help we can get!

As you may know, the long rumoured backport medias will be opening
before too long (hopefully!) and it will be our job in QA to test
backported packages then, aswell as the regular updates. If you like to
test new stuff before it is released or like to learn about old stuff
you maybe never knew existed before then QA is definitely for you.

We want to ensure updates are processed in a timely fashion but our
backlog is growing longer at the moment instead of shorter. So Please,
if you would like to help, take a moment and read our wiki pages. There
is a wealth of information there. If you do decide to join then please
say Hi on the qa-discuss mailing list or on IRC, we'd be very grateful
and glad to see you!

Wiki: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/QA_Team
IRC:  #mageia-qa on irc.freenode.net

We will be holding regular meetings now on the IRC channel on Thursdays
at 19UTC. You are more than welcome to come and join in.

If you need any more info or guidance then please don't hesitate to ask
either on list or off.

Hope to see you soon!

Thanks
Claire (MrsB)